I do not negotiate with terrorist! That is one of my favorite things to say to my children when they ask why they can’t do or have what they want. I say it in jest but really I mean it and they know it.
This post is in response to yesterday’s post. Little Bobby was being a terrorist. Fools negotiate with terrorist and I am no fool. The problem with it is the terrorist is never appeased. They will only want more and more until you have given them everything you have and it is your fault because you didn’t want to deal with it and thought bowing down would be easier.
As a mother of five, I tend to run the house like boot camp. Order and routine are essential to keep everything running smoothly. It is also important to the general happiness of my children. Days when our routine is not kept, they tend to argue and disobey more often. Structure is needed not only for them but for me.
A few wonderful sayings my children will repeat when they are older:
1. I do not negotiate with terrorists.
2. Suck it up, life is not fair.
3. Doing right and being right are two very different things.
4. On Sunday morning, can you stand in front of a church full of people and say or do that? Yeah, I didn’t think so.
5. What part of NO do you not understand?
6. I do know where you sleep. Wink!
Peace, love and God’s will.