Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Be Still

Psalm 46:10 (King James Version)

10) Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

Anyone that knows me, knows this is a very hard thing to ask. I am not the type of person to sit on the sidelines and watch. I don't think God wants us to be still in the literal meaning of still. I believe He wants us to allow Him to work through us.

I think of "still" as peace. Be peaceful in our souls. Only through Him is that possible. Then, we know he is God. We know he will be exalted among the heathen. He will be exalted in the earth.

1 comment:

  1. God may not mean this literally for every waking moment, but I know for a fact that some of my most in tune moments with God was when I was sitting very quietly not thinking of any specific thing. Much like it is when you write. Many writers have mental block because they have too much going on. This is when God means, be still. This is when He talks to us. Some people choose not to recognize.What a shame, for this is the most awesome experience in the world. It is Devine inspiration.

    ReplyDelete