Sunday, January 31, 2010

Don't Eat Yellow Snow

I know this is an old saying but today, it applies.

As I have mentioned before, we store water and do not have a well. Our storage containers are 300 gallons. You would think these would not freeze but they do. We have two 300 gallon ice cubes. Knowing the weather was going to get cold, I had my two oldest boys fill our drinking water containers. Guess what? They only filled two out of five containers. Instead of 30 gallons of drinking water, we had 10.

You can imagine my irritation this morning when I went to make coffee and tea and had no water. Needless to say, my boys had no excuse other than laziness. So they spent a good amount of the day collecting snow to melt for water. They quickly learned about yellow snow. They also learned that a five gallon container of snow only melts down into about a half a gallon of water. Bet they fill ALL the water jugs next time I ask them to.

Peace, love and God’s will.

No comments:

Post a Comment